Project MORE Inc. Annual PREA Report July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017
July 3, 2017
During the last fiscal year Project MORE had five PREA Investigations. All incidents occurred at the Virginia Wells House
Virginia Wells House:
There was one sexual abuse investigation that was substantiated.
There were four sexual harassment investigations. Two were substantiated and two were unsubstantiated.
All investigations were investigated by the PREA Coordinator John Massari
Project MORE, Inc.
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
Project M.O.R.E., INC. shall maintain a zero tolerance policy on sexual abuse and sexual harassment for residents and or clients that are participating within the contracted programs. Reporting procedures are also discussed, with contact information included. All Residents have the right to be free from sexual abuse and sexual harassment and to be free from retaliation for reporting such incidents.
For further information contact:
PROJECT M.O.R.E., INC. PREA INVESTIGATIONS
Project M.O.R.E., Inc. shall ensure that all allegations of sexual abuse or sexual harassment are referred for investigation to an agency with the legal authority to conduct criminal investigations, unless the allegation does not involve potentially criminal behavior.
HOW TO REPORT SEXUAL ABUSE OR SEXUAL HARASSMENT ON BEHALF OF RESIDENTS:
- Verbally or in writing to any Project MORE staff person
- Having a third party (family member or friend) contact any agency staff person.
- Contact the residents referring source — Department of Correction, Office of Adult Probation, Department of Parole or Court.
- Contact can be made anonymously telephone cal or letter, by family or friend.
- Contact the Sexual Assault Crisis Service 1-888-999-5455 for English, 1-888568-8332 for Spanish
PROJECT M.O.R.E., INC. HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY REGARDING SEXUAL ASSAULT AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT